Pictures

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
Pauley

Pictures

Post by Pauley »

When inserting a picture in the contacts section, some are displayed very large. Is there a specific size the picture should be, or does Ascendis resize it itself?
Paul Bylin
Author of: The Other Casualty Of War
www.TheOtherCasualtyOfWar.com
jpsprouse

Post by jpsprouse »

I also use the pictures and like that feature. You have to resize the picture before importing it. Ascendis recommends 100 X 100 but I use 150 X150 because I like a larger picture. I use Dell Image Expert to resize, but almost all photo programs allow you to both crop and resize.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Pictures

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Pauley,

jsprouse is right. Currently Ascendis Caller ID does NOT automatically resize the picture. We recommend resizing pictures to around 100 pixels tall in another program. Even Windows Paint lets you resize images (it's called "Stretch/Skew in Paint in Windows XP).

You may want to try different sizes, depending on how large your display panel is. You can change the height of the display panel (the top part of the main window that displays the picture) by dragging on the border between the panel and the toolbar.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
GraemeP

Post by GraemeP »

I don't use this facility, but I use pictures a lot in forum software.

I use a program called Avatar Sizer - very simple & quick to use.

http://www.avatarsizer.com/
Pauley

Post by Pauley »

Thanks for all the replys. I seen how simple it is to re-size, so that's what I'm doing now.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!!
Paul Bylin
Author of: The Other Casualty Of War
www.TheOtherCasualtyOfWar.com
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

Since version 2.1.2.18, Ascendis Caller ID automatically resizes the pictures when they are displayed in the display panel. It does not size them when they are added to the database, so you still may want to do so manually to reduce database size. However, it's not required.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Bill Root
Site Admin

Post by Bill Root »

And now, in version 2.2.0.28, Ascendis Caller ID automatically resizes images when added to a contact. It reduces them to a height of 200 pixels if necessary. In addition to keeping the database from getting too big, this can speed up network operations if you use Ascendis Caller ID network clients and send contact records to the clients.

To disable auto resizing, right-click on the display panel and remove the checkmark next to "Autosize Images".

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software