Script - How To Answer After 2 Rings

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
greghh

Script - How To Answer After 2 Rings

Post by greghh »

Bill:

1. What do I need to add in my script to have Ascendis answer the phone after 2 rings?

2. How do I create a Caller report or a phone number report?

3. After I have created or imported a Callers list into Ascendis, can I add another blank row or extra rows for address info?
Or would I have to start from scratch? I wish the caller info had a place for addresses, etc.

Thanks.
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: Script - How To Answer After 2 Rings

Post by Bill Root »

Hi Greg,
1. What do I need to add in my script to have Ascendis answer the phone after 2 rings?
This can be done but it gets tricky. First a little background is required.

Normally Ascendis Caller ID runs all appropriate actions once, after the caller id information has been received or it decides no caller information is forthcoming.

You can change when Ascendis Caller ID runs actions using the "Perform Action" setting on the General page of the Options window. The non-exclusive options are: "When caller info is received" (this is normal case), "On each ring", and "When call ends".

With these settings you can make Ascendis Caller ID perform all actions multiple times. In this case the actions can look at the current number of rings and change their behavior accordingly. Since this setting is global (it applies to all actions) you may have to change all actions, not just the one you want to happen after a certain number of rings. For users with many actions, this may not be worth the trouble.

If it is worth the trouble for you, try this:
  • 1) Enable "On each ring" in the "Perform Action" setting on the General page of the Options window. (Leave "When call info is received" enabled.)
    2) Change each "normal" action to an advanced script of the form:

Code: Select all

// LANGUAGE=DWS

if CallInfo.Rings < 2 then
    begin
      // perform your intended actions here
      Sound&#40;'Ring.wav'&#41;;
    end;
    3) Change your special actions (the ones that answer after two rings) to:

Code: Select all

// LANGUAGE=DWS

if CallInfo.Rings = 2 then
    begin
      // perform your intended actions here
      PhoneSound&#40;'GoAway.wav'&#41;;
      HangUp;
    end;
2. How do I create a Caller report or a phone number report?
You can print the Calls list, Callers list, or Categories list by clicking on the respective tab in the main window, then selecting "Print" or "Print Preview" on the "File" menu. Version 2 will allow reports with selected columns and filters.
3. After I have created or imported a Callers list into Ascendis, can I add another blank row or extra rows for address info?
Or would I have to start from scratch? I wish the caller info had a place for addresses, etc.
I'm not certain I understand your request, but at this time you cannot add information for callers beyond what appears in the Edit Caller window. Version 2 will have many added fields, including free-form notes, and custom fields.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software