New Callers Question

Questions, problems, and other issues for Ascendis Caller ID that aren't covered by the other forums.
greghh

New Callers Question

Post by greghh »

If a new call comes in (and the script hangs up and deletes the call), will that same caller be a "new caller" each time they call?

I understand that the program logs "raw numbers".

Now:
If I get a call from "telemarketer X" and "hang up" and "delete the call", I do not want to allow that same caller to hear or be able to leave a message the next time they call. So at this point I assume that each time would be considered a "new call".
Bill Root
Site Admin

Re: New Callers Question

Post by Bill Root »

Hello Greg,
If a new call comes in (and the script hangs up and deletes the call), will that same caller be a "new caller" each time they call?
Yes. A caller is considered "new" if it is not in the Callers list.

If I get a call from "telemarketer X" and "hang up" and "delete the call", I do not want to allow that same caller to hear or be able to leave a message the next time they call. So at this point I assume that each time would be considered a "new call".
That is correct.

The terminology could be probably be clearer, at least if it were more verbose. The setting in options could be "Category for callers that are not in the Callers list". We did not use "unknown" callers because some caller id systems report "Unknown" when the caller information is not available.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software