Left Half of Ascendis Software LLC Logo Right Half of Ascendis Software LLC Logo

Ascendis Software LLC Support Forum

ascendis.comascendis.com   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using a mobile phone modem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GraemeP

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:28 am    Post subject: Using a mobile phone modem Reply with quote

Hi Bill,

As well as modems from my landlines, I also have a Nokia mobile phone permanently connected to my PC. (I use the Nokia software to manage the phone and sent SMS messages through the phone via the PC).

I have tried in the past to get CallerID to recognise the modem in the phone but with no success. I'm wondering if anyone has succeeded in this & if so what make/model of phone they have - I'm quite happy to change the phone if I can get this to work. I'm in the UK but I guess that's irrelevant in the case of mobiles.
Bill Root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:05 pm    Post subject: RE: Using a mobile phone modem Reply with quote

Hi Graeme,

We have not investigated caller ID from mobile phones so I'm afraid I don't have any helpful information. If any of them or the associated software has a TAPI interface or emulates a dial-up modem, this may be possible.

Maybe another reader will have something more helpful to offer...

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascendis.com Forum Index -> Modems All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: