Left Half of Ascendis Software LLC Logo Right Half of Ascendis Software LLC Logo

Ascendis Software LLC Support Forum

ascendis.comascendis.com   FAQFAQ    SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

deactivation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascendis.com Forum Index -> Other Issues - Ascendis Caller ID
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deb7890

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: deactivation Reply with quote

How do I uninstall Ascendis v3 from a crashed computer that is unbootable? I I have installed Ascendis v3 on the new replacement computer. When I input the activation code, it says the activation code is in use on another computer, which is the crashed one. (I guess the uninstall would go online and do the required deactivation.) Thanks.
Bill Root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:07 am    Post subject: Re: deactivation Reply with quote

Sorry to hear of your computer problem. I made a change to your license so you can activate on the new computer. Can you please try again?

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC
deb7890

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: deactivation Reply with quote

Done. That's great. Disregard my email asking the same question. Thanks Bill!
deb7890

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again Bill,
Now, for some reason Ascendis reverts back to version 2 on close & restart. At that point, I have to reinstall v3. The program does remember its v3 activation code so that the code need not be re-input. But the v3 doesn't hold.

Also, I want to download the accumulated calls from the Whozz Calling device but have purposely held off physically connecting the WC yet, realizing that I can't do the download reliably with version 2 which lacked the features that you developed in version 3 for downloading reliably from the WC.

Is it possible that the presence of new hardware drivers for a USB-serial adapter I installed today could have messed things up? I honestly can't remember if I had this problem (of v3 not holding) before today...could be just a coincidence.

The driver install added a COM8 port. Ascendis does recognize the new COM8. So no problem there, I don't think.

Thanks!
Bill Root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like Ascendis Caller ID version 2 is still installed and is set to run on login. You should start version 2 and disable "Start automatically when I log in to Windows" in the Options window. Click "OK" to save the change and close the Options window. Then exit version 2 by selecting "Exit" on the "File" menu.

Once version 2 is stopped, start version 3. You should probably double-check that "Start automatically when I log in to Windows" in the Options window is enabled on version 3.

You can uninstall Ascendis Caller ID version 2, but it might be good to keep it until version 3 is running as desired.

Quote:
Also, I want to download the accumulated calls from the Whozz Calling device
You can enable this in the Options window, Devices page, Whozz Calling? sub-page, in the "Options" drop-down.

Quote:
Is it possible that the presence of new hardware drivers for a USB-serial adapter I installed today could have messed things up?
I don't think so. I think that's just a coincidence.

Finest regards,
Bill Root
Ascendis Software LLC
deb7890

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill.

As it turns out, it was the QuickLaunch shortcut to Ascendis Caller ID that was getting me into trouble. I had it still pointing to version 2 instead of version 3.

So, while version 3 would load on Windows startup, after that if I quit the program then reloaded it with QuickLaunch (which I often did while getting it set up), version 2 would "mysteriously" come back.

Why I overlooked such a simple thing, I don't know!

Kind regards.
Bill Root
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you figured it out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ascendis.com Forum Index -> Other Issues - Ascendis Caller ID All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: